Wellington Civic Trust members, friends, supporters and all others interested are warmly invited to our 35th AGM, which will be held on Thursday 28th April 2016, 5.30pm for 6pm, at the newly-restored Old Public Trust Building (entrance at the corner of Lambton Quay and Stout St, Wellington).
Our guest speaker will be Dave Armstrong, the well-known Wellington playwright and columnist for the Dominion Post newspaper. Dave will talk about the state of Wellington and some of the issues likely to feature in this year’s local body elections.
… and join us for a guided tour through this wonderful building by owner (and Civic Trust Trustee) Maurice Clark.
Please join fellow members and Trustees for drinks from 5.30pm.
1. Welcome – by Toni Izzard, Chair.
2. Apologies – please send any to Dorothy Thompson at 384-2127 or to Alan Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Minutes of the Previous AGM – April 29th 2015 (copies available at the meeting). Matters arising from these minutes.
4. Chair’s Annual Report (copies to be tabled at the meeting)
5. Financial Report (copies to be tabled at the meeting)
6. Matters arising from the Annual Report and Accounts
7. Election of 2016/17 Trustees (nominations welcomed in advance, and from the floor)
8. Hon. Auditor
9. General Business
The AGM will be followed by the talk from, and discussion with, our guest speaker Dave Armstrong; and the opportunity for a tour through this award-winning restoration building. The evening will finish by 7.30pm at the latest.
To view the Civic Trust Newsletter for March click here.
To view the Civic Trust Newsletter for December click here.
Download the full minutes here: WCT Minutes – October 2015
We’re back into the rounds of the bi-centennial Civic Trust Awards. The three categories are:
- Enhancement or protection of the Wellington character (built environment)
- The Grant Tilly Memorial Award for preservation projects
- People’s choice – specific artwork/street art/sculptors
The Awards ceremony will be held on 1 December, and hosted by Mayor Celia Wade-Brown.
Submit your nomination here! (Nominations close Friday 13 November)
You can also see previous award winners here.